These meal programs provide ready to eat meals for all New Yorkers. There are no eligibility, registration procedures, identification, or documentation requirements.
NYC Grab and Go
New York City Department of Education is making free meals available daily for any New Yorker at more than 200 meal hub sites across NYC.
Three meals a day are available. Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children. All three meals a day may be picked up at the same time.
Take-out meals for children and their families are from 9 am to 12 pm at most school buildings. For more information visit: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/food/free-meals.
Grab-and-go community meals from 3 pm to 5 pm on school days only at over 200 school buildings, visit: https://www.opt-osfns.org/schoolfoodny/meals/default.aspx.
There are no eligibility, registration procedures, identification, or documentation requirements.
Red Rabbit (http://www.myredrabbit.com) is distributing nutritious, made-from-scratch meals for children 18 years of age or younger* every day at select locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn and the Bronx.
Exception is the West Harlem Group Assistance location, where adults can also pick up meals for themselves. At all other sites, parents pick up for their children but not for themselves.
There are no eligibility, registration procedures, identification, or documentation requirements. One breakfast and one lunch is allowed per child at each pickup.
It is a first-come, first-served basis. Please see the Red Rabbit Instagram @myredrabbit for everyday updates.
- Red Rabbit Sites Manhattan
- 8:30am – 8:50am: Global Charter 150th and Broadway (truck)
- 9:30am – 2:00pm: West Harlem Group Assistance, 142nd and Lenox Ave (Anyone, adults included, can pick up meals from this site)
- 10:00am – 10:20am: Capital Prep School, 1 East 104th Street (truck)
- 12:15pm – 12:45pm: Girls Prep Elementary LES School, 442 E Houston St (truck)
- Red Rabbit Sites Bronx
- 10am – 1pm: NYC Health & Hospitals Belvis, 545 E 142nd street
- 10:30am – 11:00am: Boys Prep School, 192 East 151st Street (truck)
- 11:15am – 11:50am: Girls Prep Bronx Elementary School, 681 Kelly Street (truck)
- Red Rabbit Sites Brooklyn
- 10:30am – 11:15am: Kaiser Park, Corner of Neptune and Bayview Avenue (truck)
- 10:30am – 12pm: Sheepshead Houses, 3023 Ave X (btwn Batchelder & Coyle)
- 11am – 1pm: Coney Island Prep High School, 294 Avenue T
- 12pm – 2pm: Marlboro Houses, 2298 W 8th St.