Access-A-Ride (AAR) is the NYC paratransit service for people with disabilities who are unable to use the public transportation system. MTA has made changes to AAR services and processes as a result of COVID-19.
If you are a Benefits Plus subscriber, for additional information on Access-A-Ride, refer to Benefits Plus, Support Services, Transportation Services, Access-A-Ride. For subscription information visit: https://bplc.cssny.org/home/subscription_options.
Changes to Access-A-Ride (AAR)
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) has made the following changes to AAR service and processes:
- Shared rides are no longer being scheduled, although a personal care aide or a guest are permitted.
- Customers should limit travel on AAR for necessary travel.
- AAR operators are currently not collecting fares to maintain social distancing for AAR bus operators and customers.
- AAR assessment centers are currently closed
- Customers whose service is scheduled to expire shortly should call 877-337-2017, the MTA Eligibility Office.
- New applicants should also call 877-337-2017 to apply.
Center for Independence of the Disabled
Provides information and assistance with the application/recertification, eligibility screening, screens for eligibility; as well as providing information and assistance with denials, appeals, and issues with service.